Gottman Level One Professional Training: Bridging the Couples Chasm
Clinicians who take this workshop will be equipped with new methods and tools to help couples break the cycle of criticism, defensiveness, contempt and stonewalling. Through demonstrations and films from the clinical office, you'll see how to apply the research-based principles and interventions of Gottman Method Couples Therapy to Strengthen:
• The Friendship System - the building block for intimacy, passion and good sex
• The Conflict System - the basis for helping couples manage solvable problems and understand and manage irresolvable differences
• The Shared Meaning System - the existential foundation of the relationship that helps couples create shared purpose in building a life together
***Register with a colleague and each save $25. Participants can sign up for 12 CE's for $29.99 at the time of the workshop***
Breakfast, snacks, and drinks are provided both days.
Who Should Attend:
This two-day workshop is designed to give professional clinicians effective tools and methods to help couples create and maintain successful relationships. Furthermore, clinicians who complete the workshop will be able to start using the research-based Gottman Method in their couples practices immediately. Participants will learn how to assess relationships based on the Sound Relationship House Theory, as well as the primary interventions for developing better friendship, conflict management, and shared meaning.
Next Workshop: Friday and Saturday, April 8 & 9, 2016 - Click Here to Register.
$400 for early registration on or before 3/18/16. $450 after 3/18/16. Student and intern registration: $350 early registration and $450 after 3/18/16.
8:30 am-5:00 pm - Friday registration check-in at 8:00 am
All workshops and trainings are in the Sonoma County wine country. The specific location will be sent to you after you register.
What You'll Recieve:
• 12 CE's available for mental health professionals.
• Participants receive a 300 page Clinical Manual featuring the relationship assessment questionnaires and interventions used in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
What You'll Learn:
• New research-based assessments and effective intervention to help understand couples' struggles
• Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
• Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history and values
• Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
• Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
For Gottman Level One Workshop Outline and Objectives click here