Gottman Level 2: Assessment, Intervention, and Co-Morbidities
Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy…
Expand your strategies & interventions with couples!
After completing Gottman Level One Training, this intensive three-day workshop allows clinicians to:
• Take part in interactive presentations with Senior Certified Gottman Trainers
• Practice using Gottman Interventions in group role-plays; Receive personalized, supportive coaching from Certified Gottman Trainers
• View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
• Participate in extensive discussions with Senior Gottman Method Couples Therapists
• Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
• Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques
• Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
• Gain confidence in using the techniques through personal immersion
***Register with a colleague and each save $25. Participants can sign up for 20 CE's for $39.99 at the time of the workshop***
Breakfast, snacks, and drinks are provided at no additional fee.
Who Should Attend:
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training: Mental health providers, Allied professionals and clergy, Students and interns, Family clinic staff, Professors/teachers of couples therapy, Researchers in the social sciences, Employee assistance professionals. Completion of Gottman Level One Training is required.
Next Workshop: Thursday through Saturday, July 21 - 23rd 2016
8:30 am-5:00 pm - Thursday registration check-in at 8:00 am
$400 for early registration on or before 3/18/16. $450 after 3/18/16. Student and intern registration: $350 early registration and $450 after 3/18/16.
All workshops and trainings are in the Sonoma County wine country. The specific location will be sent to you after you register.
What You'll Recieve:
20 CE's available for mental health professionals.
What You'll Learn:
• Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile”, “Conflict Profile”, and “Shared Meanings Profile”.
• Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen".
• Help couples to soothe physiological flooding.
• Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions.
• Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts.
• Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection.
• Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning.
• Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Couples Therapy Assessment and Intervention.
For Gottman Level Two Workshop Outline and Objectives click here.