Learn More about THE ART AND SCIENCE OF LOVE WORKSHOP
The Art and Science of Love Workshop is based on the work of John Gottman, Ph.D. Dr. Gottman has learned what really makes relationships work by studying and following over 3,000 couples in over 40 years of research. This workshop was designed by Dr. Gottman and his wife, clinical psychologist, Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman, to teach what successful couples do to foster romance and harmony in their relationships. During the first day, couples learn how to build fondness, admiration, and closeness. On the second day, couples work on conflict management while learning new and important communication skills.
Couples work privately on exercises designed to address the challenges common to all couples relationships. We are available as Certified Gottman Method therapists to support couples in one-on-one with exercises. There is no group work or public disclosure involved in the workshop. The workshop is considered to be psycho-educational, meaning that it provides instruction through lecture, demonstration, and practice of skills through private couples exercises. However, the workshop does not offer psychotherapy- meaning that although we are trained couples therapists, we do not take a detailed history or assess the functioning of the couples in the workshop and do not provide treatment based upon such an assessment. Instead we teach from a research tested curriculum and offer individual support to couples to complete exercises if they need it.
We are happy to now be able to offer the Art and Science of Love 2 which is a workshop for couples that have already taken the Art and Science of Love, from us, the Gottman's, or another certified workshop presenter. Click here to learn more about this workshop which is designed to deepen and further a couple's understanding and skills based upon the research and theory of the Gottman's.
Look below for workshop dates and more information
"My wife and I experienced one of the best weekends we have shared together in years. Her words were 'life changing' as a way of describing the workshop. For me it was an answered prayer"
-Anonymous Workshop Participant
"I don't say this lightly - this workshop was game changing for my partner and I. The research-based Gottman method has been a catalyst to changing the dynamic of our marriage. The workshop gave us so many great tools that helped us break through old, destructive patterns in our relationship and create new, life giving ones."
WHO SHOULD ATTEND the art and science of Love workshop
This workshop is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with the insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, then this two-day workshop will provide a road map for repair.
Upcoming art and science of Love workshops:
September 8 & 9, 2018 (at the flamingo hotel in santa rosa, CA) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Upcoming art and science of Love 2 workshops:
October 20 & 21, 2018(At Sally Tomatoes in Rohnert Park, CA) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Both the Art and Science of Love and Art and Science of Love 2 workshops are scheduled 8:30 am-5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday with an hour and 10 minute lunch and morning and afternoon breaks each day - Saturday registration starts at 8:00 am.
What You'll Learn
- Foster Respect, Affection, and Closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other and inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict grid-lock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
This two-day program is for couples who have previously attended The Art and Science of Love workshop.
Are you looking to rekindle the spark and connection in your relationship? Are you willing to recommit to making your relationship the best ever? Are you looking to integrate the Gottman Method into you everyday life? Then this workshop is for you.
WORKSHOP VENUE INFORMATION BELOW
Art and science of Love couples Workshop Location
2777 4th Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Breakfast is included. Lunch is on your own, but there are plenty of wonderful places to eat locally.
An optional complimentary partner yoga class is available on Sunday during the lunch hour.
Art and science of Love 2 couples Workshop Location
Sally Tomatoes at SOMO Village Event Center
1100 Valley House Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Click Here for Sally Tomatoes Facebook Page
Breakfast and lunch is included.
Consider these numbers
the focus of the art and science of Love workshop
- How is your marriage/relationship doing?
- What makes relationships change, for better or for worse?
- If your relationship is in trouble, how can you turn it around?
- If your relationship is doing well, how can you ensure that it will continue to grow?
Assessing your relationship
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your relationship
- Identify your specific relationship strengths and how to build on these
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Learn small, easy steps that increase romance in your relationship
"Sound Relationship House"
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for your relational intimacy
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the four techniques of effective conflict resolution: Softened Start-Up, Accepting Influence, Repair Work and De-escalation
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship!