Learn More about Sonoma Couples Workshops
The Art and Science of Love Workshop is based on the work of John Gottman, Ph.D. Dr. Gottman has learned what really makes relationships work by studying and following over 3,000 couples in over 40 years of research. This workshop is designed to teach you exactly what successful couples do to foster romance and harmony in their relationships. During the first day, you will learn how to build fondness, admiration, and closeness in your relationship. On the second day, you'll work on conflict management while learning new and important communication skills. Couples work privately on exercises designed to address the challenges in real-life relationships. Certified Gottman therapists are available to support couples one-on-one with exercises. While the nature of this workshop is pyschoeducational, all info gathered from couples will be kept absolutely confidential. There is no group work or public disclosure.
Change Your Relationship Without Changing Your Partner
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with the insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, then this two-day workshop will provide a road map for repair.
February 25th & 26th, 2017 -
8:30 am-5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday with an hour and 10 minute lunch each day - Saturday registration check-in starts at 8:00 am.
For couples that have previously attended an Art & Science of Love Workshop, we are excited to now offer The Art & Science of Love 2. Click Here for more information.
What You'll Learn
Foster Respect, Affection, and Closeness
Build and share a deeper connection with each other and inner world
Keep conflict discussions calm
Break through and resolve conflict grid-lock
Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
Breakfast and lunch is included.
Discounts and CE's for mental health professionals available upon request.
12 CE's are available for purchase for $29.99.
Discounts are also available for couples seen by Michael or Marcia in therapy.
- How is your marriage/relationship doing?
- What makes relationships change, for better or for worse?
- If your relationship is in trouble, how can you turn it around?
- If your relationship is doing well, how can you ensure that it will continue to grow?
Assessing your relationship
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your relationship
- Identify your relationship specific strengths and how to build on these
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Learn small, easy steps that increase romance in your relationship
"Sound Relationship House"
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for your relational intimacy
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the four techniques of effective conflict resolution: Softened Start-Up, Accepting Influence, Repair Work and De-escalation
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship!